In today’s technological age, it’s hard to make your voice heard over the millions of other business owners who are promoting their businesses on the web. Before the invention of the Internet, business owners owned the market in their neighborhood. Now, however, businesses are able to operate worldwide, and the owners never leave the comfort of their homes! The prospect of a new business can seem overwhelming to a newcomer who does not utilize all the tools available to drive traffic to his website.
One of the keys to unlocking the door to success in the Internet world is article writing. Even if you’re not a writer, keep reading. Anyone who is an expert in their field can write a short article.
What are the benefits of writing articles?
1. Articles promote you. Writing articles is an opportunity for you to prove that you are an expert in your field. By distributing your articles to different websites, you are able to promote your services and prove that you know what you are doing!
2. Articles bring traffic to your site. Article distribution provides a unique opportunity to promote your URL. With your article, include a resource box that includes a short biography on you and your company. Be sure to provide your name, website address, and contact information.
3. Articles are free advertising. If you’re like many business owners on the Internet, you probably have a very small advertising budget. Article writing is a way to promote your business without the expense. Many other business owners are willing to trade space in their ezine or newsletter in return for promotion on your website. Everyone wins.
Now that you are excited about the possibility of article writing, you are probably wondering how you will be able to write a good article. You don’t have to be eloquent with words in order to write a readable piece of work.
1. Write about what you know. If you own an accounting business, don’t try to write an article about speech writing. Use this opportunity to promote the services you can offer to a potential client.
2. Make a list. Many people surfing the Internet probably only browse the articles they choose to read. After all, they have a lot of information to obtain and very little time to obtain it. Make a list of the top three, five, or ten items you want them to remember the most from your article, and use those points to catch the reader’s eye.
3. Check your work. Proofread your article before you allow it to be published for public access. You don’t want to appear unprofessional by using poor grammar or misspelling common words. If you don’t trust yourself, have someone else edit your work for you. Make sure your words are clear and concise, bringing the reader right to the point.
4. Be consistent. You wouldn’t place an ad to run only once in a publication. You need to be just as consistent with articles. Remember that this is a way to promote your business. If you do not continue distributing articles, potential clients will forget about you and your services. Remind them at least once a month and distribute in different arenas. Consider appropriate forums, websites, or article generators.
5. Remember your target audience. If you are writing an article on health information, you may not want to distribute your article to a fashion website. Consider who you want to read your article, and then find appropriate avenues to relay your information.
Now that you have the tools you need, it is time for you to sit down and write your first successful article. If you still feel overwhelmed by article writing, consider hiring a professional. Even hiring a professional copywriter may be less expensive than launching a very costly ad campaign. The key to operating a successful business is using all the tools you possess to enhance traffic to your website and build your client base. Make your voice heard in the 21st century!