Chocolate Dipped Strawberries are beautiful food compliment for any party. From baby showers, to weddings to desserts at an evening party, chocolate dipped strawberries are loved by many and beautiful accents in a table decoration. To ensure an optimal outcome, strawberries should be large, firm and provide leafy green tops. By selecting strawberries with these characteristics, the chocolate dipping process is easier and the final product is far sweet and tastier than the alternative.
To make the best of the best in chocolate dipped strawberries, follow these five easy steps:
1. Choose large, fresh strawberries within 24 hours of the event. Wash and place in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Purchase one bag of semi-sweet chocolate morsels and Crisco shortening. Keep refrigerated until ready to dip.
2. Within a few hours of the party, heat, in a double broiler, one cup of semi-sweet morsels with one tablespoon of Crisco shortening. Heat chocolate until very warm with consistency similar to that of syrup. Using a candy thermometer, heat the chocolate to 80 degrees, slowly.
3. Turn off the heat to the broiler and remove the pan of semi -sweet chocolate and allow it to cool slightly until the chocolate solidifies to a consistency similar to that of molasses; thicker than syrup.
4. While the chocolate is cooling, place a sheet of wax paper on a cookie tray. Using a toothpick, carefully poke each strawberry, at the stem, and gently dip the strawberry through the cooled semi sweet chocolate dip, turning slightly 90 degrees one direction and then 180 degrees the other direction, to allow chocolate to coat the entire strawberry.
5. Pull the strawberry from the dip and place it on the wax paper. Allow the chocolate dipped strawberries to harden, wrap the cookie sheet with saran wrap and place the cookie sheet, with chocolate dipped strawberries, back into the refrigerator until the party begins. By doing so, the chocolate will set and seal the strawberry sweetness.
By following these five easy steps, the chocolate will be tempered to the perfect blend to ensure a sweet, tasty and memorable experience for all of your guests!