It’s no secret that making it in the music business is difficult and making money as a singer / songwriter / musician is next to impossible. Just ask the millions of American Idol
and Nashville Star
hopefuls, whose dreams
every year are dashed by Simon Cowell
The proverbial question is, Ã?Â¯Ã?Â¿Ã?Â½What do I do now?” What’s the best way to get your music career on track without sabotaging all of your hard work?
Many music industry guides publicize that they have all the answers and contact databases to get you there, but which one actually delivers the goods?
Many of the music industry books are outdated, despite claims of updates, using old school advice for a new era of music and outdated databases that will send you straight to the cleaners literally, “Two-Day-Dry Cleaners at your service.”
For the real-deal about the music industry, here are the top 5 best resources for starving musicians.
1. The Indie Guide to Music, Marketing and Money by Jaci Rae http://www.jacirae.com
2. How to Write a Hit Song: The Complete Guide to Writing and Marketing Chart-Topping Lyrics and Music by Molly-Ann Leikin
3. Creative Careers in Music by Josquin Des Pres
4. Start and Run Your Own Record Label by Daylle Deanna Schwartz
5. The Business of Artist Management by Xavier M
The #1 book on my list is the only one I know of that incorporates both new, in-depth music industry how-to’s and a fresh, extensive contact database. Included in this book are heavyweights in the music industry (Peter Visvardis, Thomas King, Cord Coslor, Miller Hogan and more), giving you valuable insider’s secrets and information that’s right on the cutting edge, helping artists to become successful.
Whether you’re a starving musician who’s looking for ways to market your music into music gold or an up-and-coming record label executive, everyone needs the right information to pave the way to where you want to be.
* All books available at www.jacirae.com, www.barnesandnoble.com and www.amazon.com Review by Alberto A. Garcia