Mold Removal in Your Home or Business

Mold remediation is one area where there is no shortage of misinformation and unqualified contractors in Maine. Maine needs tougher regulations in this field! If you want the best for your mold removal project in Maine then look no further. We are your Maine mold remediation contractors. We are fully licensed, trained, certified and highly experienced. More importantly, we understand your needs and what you are going through.

What Causes Home Mold?
Mold becomes a problem inside a home or business when there’s excessive humidity or moisture for an extended period of time. The problem can originate from sudden water releases, like a burst pipe or large spill that goes untreated, or from a chronic condition, such as a leaking roof or plumbing. Even high humidity or warm, moist air condensing on cool surfaces can trigger mold problems. It’s always best to have the mold evaluated and removed by a certified professional. Octagon Cleaning & Restoration is an IICRC certified firm in the area of mold and microbial remediation.

Where can Mold Grow in a Home?
Mold can grow almost anywhere in a building if conditions permit. If there is visible mold growth on painted wall surfaces, property owners should be concerned about what mold may be growing on the wall’s opposite side. The environment inside the walls of a house often differs drastically from the outside and could create a perfect haven for toxic mold. If the wall remains wet for a prolonged period, it’s almost guaranteed that the mold growth on the backside will be worse than on the front. At that point, containing the workspace and removing moldy materials, followed by aggressive cleaning of salvageable framing, are the best options.

How to Remove Mold?
It is very important to understand that mold MUST be physically removed and contained to prevent cross contamination of the living space. Killing mold with products such as bleach or other chemicals DOES NOT eliminate the health risk associated with the spores. Mold spores can be just as dangerous dead as they are alive and can present the same potential risk to building occupants. Therefore fogging and trying to just kill mold is a waste of time and money. You should never allow biocides to be fogged in your home. Also the chemicals used to treat or limit mold are considered pesticides in Maine and can be very harmful (often more so than the mold itself). If biocides are used they must be registered with the Maine board of pesticide control and must be applied in accordance with Maine Law by a Licensed
Pesticide Applicator.

Learn How to Select a Mold Remediation Contractor.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


seven × 2 =