A house is not a home until the family feels comfortable in it. Making it comfortable takes time, building memories, and accessorizing rooms to the personal taste of the occupant. However, it may also take remodeling and even renovations to reach a point where the family feels that the house is truly their home.
The task of remodeling or renovating a room or an entire house can be a daunting task. You have to obtain permits from the town or county in which the house is located; you need to design the look of the room or house; you need to buy flooring, cabinets, and other fixtures; you need to decide on colors and more. Once all of these issues are dealt with you have to hire a contractor to do the actual construction. There are a lot of things that could go wrong especially if you don’t have knowledge in the discipline of home design and construction.
Instead of tackling a remodeling or renovation project alone, you may want to consider trusting others who have the experience in doing such things.
If you live in the New York City area, you may want to turn your project over to My Home. Yoel Piotraut is the managing partner and co-founder of My Home. He moved to New York from Israel in 1999 after serving as an officer in the Israel Defense Force and established the business in 2001.
Today the company has two showrooms – one in New York City and one in Paramus, New Jersey. You could say that it is a one-stop shop for all things concerning remodeling and renovations. The staff has experience in all the facets of remodeling and renovation including:
- Ã‚Â· Kitchen Remodeling
- Ã‚Â· Bathroom Renovation
- Ã‚Â· Complete Remodeling and Renovation of a Home
- Ã‚Â· Flooring
- Ã‚Â· Painting
- Ã‚Â· Commercial Renovation
- Ã‚Â· Interior Design
- Ã‚Â· Making a Home or Business Energy Efficient
My Home follows procedure when working on a home improvement project that includes:
- Ã‚Â· Initial conversation and free consultation at your home or a My Home showroom
- Ã‚Â· Pricing and planning so there are no surprises in the evolution or cost of the project
- Ã‚Â· Renovation-Remodeling filing process which includes obtaining approvals from the town or county and building owners associations
- Ã‚Â· Pre-Production stage during which the staff works with you using remodeling software to incorporate your ideas into a 3-D color rendering, assign a project manager and order the materials
- Ã‚Â· Construction during which the project manager facilitates communication between you, the crew, and any professional tradesmen involved
- Ã‚Â· Completion and quality assurance that include a walk through with the project manager after most of the work is completed to create a touch-up list of things that are incomplete or unsatisfactory and the creation of a touch-up crew that takes care of issues on the list
If you decide to do the project yourself, then you can refer to the My Home website for information that will assist you in hiring a contractor, buying products that will be used in the remodeling or renovation, keeping paperwork in order, and supervising the project.
For more details about My Home and information on renovating or remodeling a home, visit the company website.