Divorce can be such a heartbreaking thing to go through. When someone gets married, they go into it thinking that it will last for the next 50 years. When it doesn’t, it’s a shock to your system. I know, because I’ve been through it. It was one of the toughest things I’ve ever had to endure. It’s the death of a relationship. After the divorce becomes final, it feels like you’ve been branded as damaged goods because you feel like you have this one gigantic strike against you. Sometimes we spend more time in mourning than realizing it could be the best thing that ever happened to us. That’s why I have compiled my list of the seven great things about getting divorced. What you will find is that the grass can be greener than you ever thought possible when you make it through the storm.
- After many years of endless pulling and yanking, you can finally have your share of the covers.
- You can now buy whatever you want and not have to hide the evidence anywhere. As a matter of fact, have a picture taken of you standing with all of your bags and post it on social media for him and all of his friends to see.
- You learn who your true friends are, and most of the time they can be counted on one hand.
- If you didn’t have any children with this man, you can finally feel free to say how you really feel about his family.
- The bathroom is not reeking of urine from many years of him forgetting to lift the seat or forgetting to put the seat down.
- You can take the clothes clip off your nose now, because the days of washing his nasty underwear have now come to an end.
- No more fighting over what to watch on TV. You can finally watch Bravo.