If you like an excellent tangy flavor and are looking for an easy to make starter, you will love the Citrus and Spinach Salad. You can enjoy this amazing salad with your family and friends. Citrus and Spinach Salad is a rich source of essential elements including, folic acid, citric acid, iron, proteins, vitamins, calcium, phosphorous, zinc etc. The honey-lime dressing adds zest to this nutritious and healthy salad, making it a perfect meal. Make sure to prepare it when you throw your next dinner if you're in the mood to receive compliments from your guests.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 2
Utensils: Large salad bowl or serving plate, whisk, mixing bowl
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2 small red onion - thinly sliced
- 1 navel orange - fresh peeled and separated into sections
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts - toasted
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil - extra virgin olive oil is preferred
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro - chopped
- 2 teaspoons mustard – Dijon mustard is preferable
- Salt & pepper
Place the fresh spinach leaves in a large serving plate or salad bowl.
Add in thin slices of red onion, peeled sections of naval orange and toasted pine nuts. Toss vegetable-fruit mixture till mixed well. Set this mixture aside until you prepare the honey-lime dressing.
Take a medium mixing bowl and pour orange juice into it. Stir in white wine vinegar, olive oil, and honey.
Top the liquor-mixture with freshly chopped cilantro, mustard, and salt and pepper to taste.
Fluff up together all the ingredients of the salad dressing with a large whisk. Continue mixing until a smooth and thick mixture is formed.
Now, the honey-lime dressing is ready; pour it over spinach-mixture just before serving.