Choosing a Body Brush
In order to properly body brush your skin, you need to select a perfect brush. Keep these tips in mind when buying your body brush:
- Choose one made of natural materials instead of synthetic ones. Hemp, jute, sisal, loofah, boar or goat bristles are gentler on the skin.
- Find an all around body brush with both short and long bristles. The longer bristles are gentler on tender parts of the body.
- Look for a double handled brush. This type of brush helps you scrub hard to reach places. Ergonomically designed handles are great for people who suffer from arthritis.
- Buy a durable brush. With the proper care, good body brushes can last for more than 4 months.
This involves exfoliating your skin by using a body brush while the skin is dry. The benefit of this method is that it encourages blood flow, which in turn supplies more oxygen and nutrients to your skin.
- Get your favorite body brush.
- Starting from your feet and working your way up to your shoulders, scrub your skin in a circular motion. Do not apply too much pressure to prevent your skin from breaking. Spend more time scrubbing the areas that tend to dry out easily like your elbows, knees, ankles and heels.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer all over your body when you are done exfoliating.
If your skin tends to be on the dry side, wet exfoliation is best for you. This method is also good if you have sensitive skin that breaks easily. Shower time is generally the best time to exfoliate your body.
- Wet your body with lukewarm water.
- Apply your favorite body wash on your body brush. If you prefer soap to body wash, then apply your favorite soap on your body.
- Scrub your body using the body brush. Use small circular motions and concentrate on areas that dry easily.
- Rinse your body well with lukewarm water.
- Pat your skin dry with a soft towel.
- Apply your favorite moisturizer. Your skin should feel damp when you put on the moisturizer.