Measurements within the US system
- One tablespoon is equal to three teaspoons.
- Two fluid ounces or ¼ of a cup are equal to four tablespoons.
- One cup is equal to eight fluid ounces.
- One pint is equal to two cups.
- 32 fluid ounces or one quart is equal to two pints.
- 128 fluid ounces or one gallon is equal to four quarts.
- One barrel is equal to three and a half gallons.
- One hogshead is equals to two barrels.
Measurements within the Metric System
- One centilitre is equal to 10 millilitres.
- One decilitre is equal to 10 centilitre.
- One litre is equal to 10 decilitre or one thousand millilitre.
- One decalitre is equal to 10 litres.
- One hectolitre is equal to 10 decalitres.
- One kilolitre is equal to 10 hectolitres.
Between US and Metric Systems
- Approximately five millilitres are equal to one teaspoon.
- Approximately 15 millilitres are equal to one tablespoon.
- Approximately 30 millilitres (29.573 ml) are equal to one fluid ounce.
- Approximately 240 millilitres (236.584 ml) are equal to one cup.
- Approximately one litre (0.94635 L) is equal to one quart.
- Approximately four litres (3.7854 L) is equal to one gallon.