Cabbage soup is nutritious, delicious and healthy diet. It is also easy to make in your home.
The cabbage soup diet is like a crash diet as it make you lose 5-10 pounds in a week. It is effective for many people. All you require is self discipline like in any other weight loss method and you will achieve result in seven days.
Cooking Time: 3-4 hours
Utensils: Large pot, bowl, tablespoon
- 1 medium to large size cabbage (shred it not too thin)
- 1 large can of tomatoes (unseasoned)
- 1 small can of tomato sauce
- 1 small can of tomato paste
- about 2-3 lbs chuck steak (roast)
- 8 ginger snaps (the regular cookie in the box-they cook out and disappear, but add flavor and help thicken the soup)
- 2 large sliced onions
- 2 cans beef broth
- 1 can of water
- 4 oz lemon juice (if you like it sweet add sugar to taste and/or yellow raisins about a handful or two. taste as you add, to make sure it is to your taste.
- salt and pepper to your taste
Put onions into the pot
First of all you need to put onions into a large pot. Remember to slice the onions first before putting in the pot.
Put steak roast in the pot
Next you need to add the steak roast in the large pot where you have paced the sliced onions. There will be around 4-5 pieces of steak roast which you need to place in the pot.
Add all ingredients with the exclusion of cabbage
After adding steak, you need to add all of the ingredients into the large pot. Remember not to add cabbage at the moment.
After adding all the ingredients, add cabbage into the large pot.
Cook for 3-4 hours
Cook all the ingredients for almost 3 to 4 hours. You have to cover the large pot after putting all ingredients.
You have to cook for 3 to 4 hours so that your meat is gently warm.
Pour out and serve
After cooking the ingredients, pour out your soup and serve it in a bowl.
You can also eat brown bread with it.