Chicken Cobb Salad Recipe
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Fat: 18 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 4 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 650 mg
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Cholesterol: 70 mg
Recipe type: Appetiser
- Boneless, skinless chicken breasts - 2 (8 ounces each)
- Extra-virgin olive oil - 2 teaspoons (plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil)
- Poultry seasoning (eyeballed) - 1 teaspoon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper - (to taste)
- Large eggs - 4
- Sliced bacon, chopped into ½-inch pieces - 8
- Hearts romaine lettuce - 3
- Lemons (juiced) - 2
- Ripe avocados (halved and scooped from skins with a spoon, then diced) - 2
- Vine ripe tomatoes, seeded and diced - 2
- Red onion (chopped) - 1
- White cheddar or monterey jack, shredded (or blue cheese crumbled) - 2 cups
- First of all, you have to preheat a non-stick skillet or grill pan over medium-high.
- Meanwhile, coat the chicken breasts pieces with the olive oil, salt, pepper and poultry seasoning.
- Clean your hands and place the chicken breasts on the grill or the skillet for around six to seven minutes.
- After grilling from both the sides, place the chicken pieces aside for a while so that it may cool down.
- Take a small pot and put the eggs in it.
- Cover them with cold water and place them over high-heat stove.
- When the water boils, turn off the heat.
- Remove the eggs from the pot and let them cool down for around ten minutes.
- Then, peel and chop them.
- Put the chopped bacon in the skillet and place it over medium-high heat stove.
- Take it out when it gets brown and use towel papers to drain them.
- Take a large bowl and chop three hearts of romaine lettuce in it. Put lemon juice on the lettuce and drizzle the extra-virgin olive oil on it.
- Add salt and pepper (to taste).
- Now, toss the diced avocados with the remaining lemon juice. After that, cut the chicken pieces into halves and chop off the meat.
- Before serving the salad, arrange the chopped chicken, boiled eggs, bacon bits, avocados, tomato, red onion and cheese in rows.