Take a test
Take your child on a drive and explain him or her some basic rules on the road. Ask them about various signs, traffic signals, and speed limits on various occasions etc on the road to test their knowledge.
Once your child get an idea of various driving instructions, spend some time with him or her in the car to explain them some basic things. Given below are some of them:
- Let your child to familiarize all the controls on the vehicle
- Train them about look using the back mirror at regular intervals
- Let them know about the location of the indicators, lights and wiper switches etc
- Instruct them about the proper use of indicator
- Guide them about the setting of the side mirrors properly
- Tell them about the location and of emergency brake and hazard lights
- Help your child out to get the seat and steering wheel in the accurate positions
Select a spacious and calm place to begin the real driving instruction and let your child sit in the driving seat. Now you have two options of driving; either train your child to drive an automatic car or a manual one. However, it is said that the child with manual driving skills will take no time to understand the automatic driving. Therefore, help your child to learn How to Drive a Manual Car.
When you are satisfied with the driving skills of your child, it is the time to go on busier streets, roads and interstates. Let him or her drive on their own style and do not interrupt them as they can get nervous. Once your child gets this part down, you are home free. You have effectively taught your child how to drive and kept your wisdom!