How to Use Whey Protein to Gain Weight

Whey protein is a good supplement that can help gain weight and build muscle. Protein is required for muscle growth and is a must for the body. It is a necessary nutrient for muscle growth, repair and maintenance. Recommended protein amount is to consume at least 0.8 grams per kilogram of body weight. Nevertheless, it is advisable that people who want lean and large amounts of muscle mass should have higher amounts which could be in between 1 g and 2 g of protein per pound of body weight. Even though, it is better to consume protein in the form of food, it may be hard to get the amount of food required to achieve the desired weight gain. As a result of this, whey protein is a very effective supplement that will aid you in gaining weight as part of a healthy diet and activity regimen.

Instructions

  • 1

    Consume Whey Protein in powder form

    Eat whey protein in the shape of powder form rather than other commonly consumed animal proteins. Some animal products like eggs and beef have high saturated fats and cholesterol than their leaner counterparts. Whey proteins are easy to dissolve in the body and are low in unhealthy fats. 

    -Image courtesy:

    getfityou.com

  • 2

    Take supplements regularly

    Mix whey protein supplements with other protein types as part of a weight-gain routine. Protein should be consumed on a daily basis with food intake, as they consist of various amino acid profiles that help in maintaining the body in an anabolic condition. This condition is when the body uses other fuel in place of protein for body functions and energy. This lets protein to be utilised for hypertrophy and muscle growth. Lean sources of protein are chicken and turkey breasts, low-fat dairy, soy, eggs in moderation with egg whites and fish.

    -Image courtesy:

    stimulbrain.com

  • 3

    Drink dairy milk products

    Have milk as a non-powder form of whey protein. Whey is available in all dairy milk products, with around 20 percent of its protein credited to whey and the other 80 percent to casein. Drink two to four cups of milk each day along with meals or after the workout. On the other hand, you can add whey protein to a shake before or after exercise to help build your muscles. Post-workout shakes combine protein with carbs to help in muscle repair and recovers glycogen stores. Drink whey protein shake after 15 to 60 minutes of exercise to help gain weight and build muscle.

    -Image courtesy:

    bodybuildingadvisor.net

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


8 − = six