Your last day at office is definitely going to be busy, especially if you have work to wrap up and hand over your responsibilities to someone else. However, you should not forget to send out a farewell email to all your colleagues before you finally bid adieu.
There are no hard and fast rules about farewell emails, but since it is an official correspondence nevertheless, you need to remain professional throughout. That being said, no one is stopping you from putting your heart out there, appreciating all the support you received and remembering the great times you spent with your colleagues. A well thought out email will not only touch everyone but will also be remembered for long.
If you’re still unsure about what to write, we’ll show you how to write a last day at office email and also give you a sample and a template for reference.
Tips for Writing a Last Day at Office Email
- Keep it professional but lighthearted
- Officially share that it is your last day at work
- Thank and appreciate your colleagues for their support
- Thank you supervisors and employer as well
- If you want to share a memory, you can do that too
- You can leave your contact details for everyone or pass them on later in person
- End the email on a friendly note