Mexican Bean Salad is a hearty dish to be served on a family meeting at lunch or in evening meal. This stimulating bean salad is colorful and full of zest without being too vinegary or spicy. Cook up this amazingly delicious and rich salad in less than 30 minutes, enjoying its multi-nutritional qualities.
This easy-to-make Mexican Bean Salad recipe is for eight people. But you can increase or decrease the quantity of the ingredients keeping your requirement and number of guests in mind.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes, excluding refrigeration period
Serving Size: 08
Utensils: Salad Bowel, Mixing Bowl, Large Spoon, Whisk
- (1 can /15 ounce) black beans, rinsed and drained
- (1 can /15 ounce) kidney beans, drained
- (1 can /15 ounce) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- (1 package / 10 ounce) frozen corn kernels
- (1/2 cup) olive oil
- (1/2 cup) red wine vinegar
- (2 tablespoons) fresh lime juice
- (1 tablespoon) lemon juice
- (2 tablespoons) white sugar
- (1 tablespoon) salt
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- (1/4 cup) chopped fresh cilantro
- (1/2 tablespoon) ground cumin
- (1/2 tablespoon) ground black pepper
- (1 dash) hot pepper sauce
- (1/2 teaspoon) chili powder
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 red onion, chopped
Select a large serving bowl and place 15 ounces (1 can) of rinsed and drained black beans, 15 ounces (1 can) of kidney beans, 15 ounces (1 can) of cannellini beans.
Top the beans with 10 ounce (1 package) of frozen corn kernels and 1 clove crushed garlic.
Add in 1 properly chopped red onion. Mix all the ingredients well. Set the large mixing bowl aside for some time at room temperature.
Take another medium mixing bowl and place 1/2 cup of olive oil, 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar, 2 tablespoons of fresh lime juice, 1 tablespoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of white sugar, 1 tablespoon of salt, , 1/4 cup) chopped fresh cilantro, 1/2 tablespoon of ground cumin, and 1/2 tablespoon of ground black pepper. Whisk all the ingredients together in order to form a thick and smooth dressing.
Pour the olive dressing into the large salad bowl containing the bean-mixture. Toss all the ingredients with a whisk until coated well.
Wrap the salad bowl with a plastic wrapping sheet and place in refrigerator until chilled well.
Serve with 8 serving bowls. Enjoy!