How about celebrating summers with food that you love? The recipe here is of a pasta made with summer delights and has a vibrant fresh and cheery look to it. It is an easy to make treat that you can put together in short time as treat for the kids or to add something special to the dinner table. The best part is that it is hearty enough to qualify as a full meal. Follow our step by step guide to learn a summer pasta salad that you are going to master in no time.
Preparation Time: 1 hour
Serving Size: 6 persons
Utensils: cooking pot, mixing bowl, salad bowl
- 1/2 pound thin spaghetti, broken into 1 1/2-inch lengths
- 2 cloves garlic, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon dried basil, divided
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 pints grape tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 red onion, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) can small pitted black olives, halved lengthwise
- 1 (12 ounce) package sliced fresh mushrooms
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, torn into bite size pieces
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
In the cooking pot, bring to boil salted water. Add the broken spaghetti and bring back to boil. Cook for around ten minutes, stirring occasional, until when the spaghetti go tender but are still firm to touch. Drain them out into a colander and shift to a bowl. Mix in with salt, black pepper, half the minced garlic, half the basil, and 2 tablespoons of olive oil in the bowl. Now keep it in the refrigerator for half an hour.
In the meanwhile, mix the remaining minced garlic, basil, 2 more tablespoons of olive oil, grape tomatoes, red onion, black olives, and sliced mushrooms in another bowl. When you take out the spaghetti, add it to this bowl and toss lightly to coat. Add salt and pepper if you need more seasoning.
Before serving, toss the pasta with romaine lettuce leaves. Remember, the more time you will give the pasta to chill, the better the flavors will blend.