Tabbouleh Prawn Salad is an ideal dish to consume in any season. As this salad is garnished with prawns therefore people who love to eat seafood will really savour it. Tabbouleh Prawn Salad is made with bulgur as a major ingredient aside from prawns, and it is tossed together with fresh mint, spring onions, cucumber and parsley, then seasoned with coriander and ginger. In this way a simple, but delicious dish is made that can be served alone and as a side dish on dinners and weekend lunches. You can also make it at your home by following this guide, which will give you the recipe for four people and it can be prepared in just half an hour. In addition to this, the recipe of Tabbouleh Prawn Salad itself is quite easy and you would not face any issue while following it.
Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Serving Size: 04
Utensils: Large Bowl
- 150g (5 oz) bulgur wheat
- 600ml (1 pint) boiling water
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- handful chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh root ginger
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 10 large cooked prawns - peeled and deveined
Take a large bowl and put bulgur wheat in it, then pour in boiling water and olive oil.
After pouring in these ingredients in the large bowl, cover this mixture and this stir it properly. Now, allow it to stand for about 15 to 20 minutes.
After 15 to 20 minutes all the water will be absorbed and bulgur will become tender.
Then add in cucumber, parsley, mint, spring onions along with lemon juice with tender bulgur and afterwards season this concoction with salt, pepper, coriander and ginger. Now garnish this salad with prawns.
The salad is ready to be served. But make sure you serve it in a presentable dish that will add to its tempting look.