Every employee in an organization works with certain goals in mind. He/she expects the hard work, effort and time they put in to their job to pay off in the long run, which is why promotions are great news.
If you have recently been promoted, well done! Now you should write a thank you email for promotion to your boss, appreciating the opportunity to showcase your work and be recognized for it. There is no doubt that you earned your promotion, but it is only polite and professional to commend those who helped you on the way.
Don’t worry, we’ll show you exactly what to write in your thank you email, just keep reading for our tips, sample and a template you can refer to.
Tips for Writing a Thank You Email for Promotion
- Keep the letter brief and stick to the point
- Start by thanking your employer for giving you the chance to excel
- Appreciate the fact that your hard work was noted and recognized
- Assure your boss that you will continue to work even harder to achieve future successes
- Sign the letter personally