When it is time to publicize a job opening then you need to know where to publicize the job opening. You have a variety of choices to select from in regards to advertising. You also need to decide how long you want to publicize a job opening.
1. You can publicize the job opening in the local newspapers in the area. This is a great way to get people interested in the job. You can describe the job in detail including the starting pay rate and any experience that is necessary.
2. You could always publicize the job opening at a department of workforce services in the city. You could make the contact information only available to people who are qualified for the job opening. This is another way to be able to reduce the amount of unqualified people applying for the job opening.
3. You can publicize the job opening on the Internet such as www.careerbuilder.com website. This is another great way to be able to glance at peoples resume to determine how qualified that they are for the current job opening. This is another method of being able to get more applicants for the job opening.
4. One thing about a job opening is that you need to include all of the details upfront without withholding information. You don’t want people to have a ton of questions regarding the job duties. You need to make sure that know all that they need to already about the job.
5. You need to include the contact information on the job opening. You need to include the telephone number and any email address for job applicants to send resumes to via the Internet.
6. If you want them to apply in person on site then you need to include a address in the job ad. If the instructions are confusing then you need to make sure to tell them to call for directions to the location.
7. If there is going to be on the spot interview then please say it in the job opening ad. It will make the applicants feel more prepared since they will know what to expect. You want them to be able to dress professionally in order to be prepared in advance.
8. If you don’t want to include the pay rate or salary in the job opening ad then make sure to put at least the starting wage or more depending upon experience. People want to have a general idea of the pay rate of a job before they apply for it. They don’t want to waste their time.
9. Put in the job opening ad if there is any tests required before or after the interview process. You need to tell them what type of test is required. They need to be prepared in advance.
10. If you are looking for a person to fill the job opening long term then please say so in the ad. You need to post exactly what type of person that you are looking for in order to help fill the job position.