If you do not agree to these terms, you are not authorized to use the site, and you should immediately exit and not use the site.
StepByStep.com is intended for use by persons who are at least 13 years old. By using the Site, you accept that you are at least 13 years old.
StepByStep.com is collection of quick and comprehensive guides, tutorials and help articles. The information on the Site represents the opinions and perspectives of a variety of contributors from around the world, and represents a diversity of perspectives, experience and approaches to issues. We do not independently verify the accuracy, thoroughness, or relevance of the content on site. So, you must not take decisions solely on the basis of information provided within the site, i.e.
The content on the Site should not be interpreted as financial or investment advice, treatment or cure to a medical condition or any kind of legal advice. You should NOT rely upon the financial and investment information, opinions provided herein and must conduct your own independent research and consult with your personal advisors before making any decision. You are solely responsible for any decisions, omissions or actions you take based on choosing to seek or not to seek professionals’ help choosing or not choosing specific treatments etc. Neither StepByStep.com nor its parent, affiliates, any of their respective agents, employees, information providers or content providers shall have any liability for your decisions based upon, or the results obtained from, the content on the Site.
User Generated Content/Comments/Community Interaction
You can interact with the StepByStep.com and other users by posting comments, participating in discussions, writing guides and a variety of other ways (all such activities are collectively referred to as “User Generated Content”). By submitting any User Generated Content on the Site, you agree that:
1. You own all rights to you User Generated Content.
2. You will pay in full all license fees, clearance fees, and other financial obligations, of any kind, arising from any use or commercial exploitation of your User Generated Content.
3. You are the individual pictured, depicted, and/or heard in your User Generated Content, or, alternatively, you have obtained permission (and, if applicable, publicity rights) from each person (including consent from parents or guardians for any individual under the age of eighteen (18)) who appears and/or is heard in your User Generated Content to grant the rights to StepByStep.com described herein.
4. You will make such permissions available to us upon request.
5. Your User Generated Content does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy, rights to publicity or any other legal or moral rights of any third party.
6. You will not stalk, threaten or harass authors or other users or infringe upon, invade or attempt to infringe upon or invade their privacy.
7. You will not Post any information or material which may constitute or encourage conduct that is a criminal offense, tort, or civil wrong or otherwise violates any applicable law.
Maintaining Your Account on StepByStep.com
In order to avail more privileges and be an active participant you must create an account on StepByStep.com. We do not take responsibility of any misuse of your account and so you’re responsible for all the concerns associated with your account. You must agree that
1. You will review, maintain, correct and update your personal information provided to us at the time of registration.
2. You will safeguard your user name and password, and you authorize us to accept any use of the Site through your Account as being used by you or someone authorized to act for you.
3. You will be liable for any User Generated Content posted using your Account and for any transactions associated with your Account.
4. Your Account is non-transferable and non-assignable. You may not share your password with anyone unless you are a minor, in which case you may share your password with your parents or other legal guardians.
At StepByStep.com we do not allow posting of content which falls under any of the following categories:
1. Untrue, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, libelous, invasive to another person’s privacy or protected data, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable.
2. Infringing or alleged to be infringing upon a third party’s rights, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party, including, without limitation, any content that is the subject of any third party claim of infringement.
3. Of a type that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as inside information and proprietary and confidential information.
4. Unsolicited, undisclosed or unauthorized advertising.
5. Software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment.
6. Data or information obtained through access that was not authorized by the owner of the data or information, or with respect to which such posting would constitute unauthorized use.
7. In violation of any applicable local, state, national or international law, regulation, or statute (including export laws).
In order to use the Site, you must agree not to do, or attempt to do, any of the following:
1. Access or use the Site in any way that violates any local, state, national or international law, regulation, or statute (including export laws), contracts, intellectual property etc.
2. Access, tamper with, or use services or areas of the Site that you are not authorized to access.
3. Alter information on or obtained from the Site.
4. Tamper with postings, registration information, profiles, submissions or User Generated Content.
5. Use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means or interface not provided by us to access the Site.
6. Extract data or gather or use information, such as email addresses, available from the Site or transmit any unsolicited advertising, “junk mail,” “spam,” or “chain letters”.
7. Impersonate or misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
8. Reverse engineer any aspect of the Site or do anything that might discover source code, or bypass or circumvent measures employed to prevent or limit access to any area, content or code of the Site.
9. Send to or otherwise impact the Site with harmful, illegal, deceptive or disruptive code such as a virus, “spyware,” “adware” or other code that could adversely impact the Site or any recipient.
10. Take any action which might impose a significant burden on the Site’s infrastructure or computer systems, or otherwise interfere with the ordinary operation of the Site.
Submitting Ideas/Proposals to StepByStep.com
When you submit ideas, suggestions, or proposals (collectively, “Ideas”) to StepByStep.com, you agree that:
1. Your Ideas do not include confidential or proprietary information.
2. You have all necessary rights to submit the idea/proposal to us.
3. Your ideas do not and will not infringe or violate any third party rights.
4. If we choose your idea we may use and disclose it in any way
5. We may have already created, or be in the process of creating, content that may be substantially similar to your Ideas or work samples at the time you submit those ideas or samples to us. In that case we have no obligation to pay or reimburse you for your Ideas or our use of your Ideas.
6. Elements of your Ideas and work samples may not be subject to protection under copyright law.
Termination or Cancellation
By using the Site, you agree that we may terminate these Terms, your access to the Site, and/or your Account, or suspend or block your access to the Site at any time and at our sole discretion, with or without cause or any notice to you. If applicable law requires us to provide notice of termination or cancellation, we may give prior or subsequent notice by posting it on the Site or by sending a communication to any address (email or otherwise) that we have for you in our records.
Content Ownership & Licensing
StepByStep.com is protected by intellectual property laws and you agree to respect them. We grant you a limited, revocable, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, non-exclusive license to privately display and perform the Site on your computer for your own personal, noncommercial purposes.
StepbyStep.com respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Each user is responsible for ensuring that the materials they upload to the StepbyStep.com Site do not infringe any third party copyright.
StepbyStep.com will promptly remove materials from the Site in accordance with the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) if properly notified that the materials infringe a third party’s copyright. In addition, StepbyStep.com may, in appropriate circumstances, terminate the accounts of repeat copyright infringers.
StepbyStep.com may disclose any communications concerning DMCA notices or other intellectual property complaints with third parties, including the users who have posted the allegedly infringing material.
To the fullest extent permitted by law: StepbyStep.com shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential, or exemplary damages, including but not limited to damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses.
However, it is a user generated content site so if you find that your work has been reproduced and is accessible on StepByStep.com in a way that that falls under copyright infringement, you may notify us by providing our copyright agent with the following information in writing:
1. The electronic signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
2. Identification of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
3. Proof of the ownership of the material that is claimed to be infringing.
4. Your name, addresses, telephone number, and email address.
5. A statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
6. A statement that the information in your notification is accurate.
7. A statement made under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or is authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Send these details to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will take an immediate action against it.