Candied Apples Recipe
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated fat: 0 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 46 g
- Sugar: 40 g
- Sodium: 78 mg
- Fiber: 3.3 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Recipe type: Dessert
- Apples - 8
- Wooden skewers - 8
- Granulated sugar - 2 cups
- Light corn syrup - 1 cup
- Hot water - ½ cup
- Red cinnamon candies, like Red Hots - ½ cup
- Non-stick cooking oil
- First of all, you have to prepare the baking sheet with the help of the aluminium foil.
- Then, spray some non-stick cooking oil on the baking sheet.
- Take the apples and wash them properly.
- After that, place them aside so that they may dry out.
- Take out the stems of the apples and stick the skewers tightly.
- Take the saucepan and put some water in it.
- Then, place it on a medium-heat stove.
- Add the corn syrup and sugar in the water and stir gradually until the sugar dissolves completely.
- Now, cook the mixture without stirring.
- In order to prevent crystallisation, you will have to wash the sides of the saucepan with a wet pastry brush.
- Then, add the cinnamon candies and keep on stirring the mixture with the help of spatula so that everything mixes up well.
- You have to cook all the ingredients until the temperature reaches 285 degrees F.
- Don’t forget to wash the sides to avoid crystallisation.
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and stir the candy mixture with a spoon so that it may become smooth and even.
- Take an apple with the skewer and dip it in the candy mixture.
- You may have to tilt the saucepan in order to dip the apple thoroughly.
- You can rotate the apple slowly to ensure that it is completely wet in the candy mixture.
- Take the apple out and twirl it so as to remove the excessive candy mixture.
- Place the dipped apple on the baking sheet and repeat the same procedure for all the other apples.
- After that, place the baking sheet at a cooler place or just at room temperature.
- Serve the candied apples after they are cool.