Grits and Meat Patties Recipe
Delicious Grits and Meat Patties
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Serves: 10
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 9 g
- Carbohydrates: 16 g
- Sodium: 310 mg
- Protein: 7 g
- Cholesterol: 20 mg
Recipe type: Entree
There are a lot of interesting things which can be eaten in a meal, but one should consider the nutritional factor too. One healthy dish, which can be eaten at any time of the day, is grits. It can be prepared quite easily and saves a lot of cooking time as well.
- For Grits -
- Grits - ½ cup
- Water - 2¼ cup
- Salt - ½ teaspoon
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- For Meat Patties -
- Cooked meat, finely chopped - 1 cup
- Onion, finely chopped - 2 tablespoons
- Egg yolks - 2
- Milk - 2 tablespoons
- Pepper - ⅛ teaspoon
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons
- Assemble ingredients for grits
- It is better to prepare the grits first, as they require more time to cook compared to the meat patties. Gather all the necessary ingredients in front of you.
- Fill a saucepan with water
- Add water to a saucepan, but make sure that it should not be placed on the stove until all the other ingredients are mixed in it.
- Add grits, butter and salt to water
- One by one, mix all the ingredients in the water and stir them properly.
- Bring water to boil
- Once everything settles in nicely, bring the water to boil on medium heat. Continue stirring the ingredients together.
- Cook for another 40 minutes
- Once the water comes to boil, continue cooking for another 40 minutes on low heat. While this happens, you can prepare the meat patties.
- Mix meat, onion, egg yolks, milk and pepper
- In order to prepare the meat patties, mix all ingredients in a small bowl. Use your hands for proper mixing.
- Shape patties
- Shape the patties and heat the oil to fry them.
- Fry until light brown
- Fry the patties until they turn light brown from each side. Remove them when ready and serve with hot grits.
Goes well with:
Indonesian Fried Rice
Even though the patties don't really look as if they will work along with rice; they actually do. Check this combination out!
woah! the calories. lots of calories! what to do?
Either you can innovate the same recipe, or opt for a food with fewer calories. Thank you!