Sleek and sexy hairstyles don’t have to take hours to create. If you are comfortable working with your hair, you can design beautiful new styles for yourself in just minutes. Once you know how your hair responds to heat, humidity, rain, styling products and other factors, you can quickly and easily style your hair for any occasion.
Even if you don’t know what to expect from your hair, try these unbeatable tips for a quick fix or a lasting style. Silky smooth, manageable hair can be yours in no time!
Washing and Drying Tips:
1. Avoid over-washing your hair. If you can stand it, try not to wash your hair with shampoo every single day. For days that you do not wash your hair, apply a fragrant mist designed especially to refresh tresses.
2. Don’t apply shampoo directly to the top of your head. Apply shampoo from the nape of the neck first, and then work it through the rest of your hair.
3. Distribute cleansing and styling products evenly through your hair. When you apply conditioner, use a comb to spread the product evenly through your hair.
4. Lessen trauma to your hair. Try to avoid wrapping your hair in a towel and leaving it twisted up on your head for long. It may be convenient, but it can damage your hair.
5. Avoid blow-drying your hair everyday. Allow your hair to dry naturally whenever possible, whether you shower at night or let your hair dry over the weekend.
1. Accessorize! On days when you just don’t have time, go for a ponytail or a headband. Realize that your hair can look really cute even if you don’t spend a long time styling it.
2. Experiment with color. If you find yourself constantly bored with your hair, a new color might be all you need to add some zest to your appearance. Still a little wary of dying your hair? Try a brand that washes out in eight shampoos.
3. Opt for a new cut. Colors and accessories do lend a lot to a hairstyle; however, haircuts are the true standby for a new look.
4. Select styling tools to vary your look. Curling irons, flatirons, combs, pins, clips and an assortment of brushes offer nice diversity for hairstyles.
5. If all else fails, wear it straight. If you don’t feel like fighting with your hair today, wear it down. For hair that behaves rather well, consider letting your hair dry naturally. If your hair requires more maintenance, apply a gentle styling product to prevent frizzy hair. Remember, a sexy, straight hairstyle can be perfect with any outfit, for any occasion.