If you are leaving an organization on a good note and have had a good relationship with your boss, it is advisable to write a goodbye letter for him/her. Not will this be a personal gesture on your part to show your appreciation for your boss’ conduct but will also serve as a touching reminder for your boss in the future.
Moreover, leaving on a good note will also ensure that you can turn back and seek help and advice from your former boss, which can be invaluable in the challenges you face ahead in your professional endeavors.
Here we will show you how to write a goodbye letter to boss after resignation and will also provide a sample and template to help you write your own letter.
Tips for Writing a Goodbye Letter to Boss After Resignation
- Keep the letter cordial yet professional
- Express how much you appreciate the effort your boss put into guiding and grooming you
- Share how your boss’ efforts have made you a better professional and primed you for future work
- Offer any assistance or help you can provide if your boss needs
- Thank your boss once again and sign off