The next time you brew a pot of coffee, don’t throw out the grounds. Old coffee grounds are remarkable in that they have a myriad of uses. They are a home remedy that will save you money on expensive products. Here are 10 great ways to recycle old coffee grounds.
1. Odor neutralizer. Set a cup of dried coffee grounds in a cup in your refrigerator or freezer. They will neutralize odors as well as baking soda.
2. House plant food. Sprinkle coffee grounds in the soil of house plants once a month. Your plants will soon look healthier and live longer.
3. Ex foliate skin. Scrub damp coffee grounds on your face neck and hands. Then rinse with warm water. Your skin will look and feel fresh and revived.
4. Body scrub. Just before bathing, rub damp coffee grounds all over your body. Rinse off in the shower. Your skin will look smoother.
5 Hair rinse. Use coffee grounds as a hair rinse. They give brown hair lovely highlights, and may cover grey.
6. Sinks. Pour coffee grounds into your sink and scrub away. The sink will smell fresh and be sparkling clean.
7. Grills. Use coffee ground to clean grills and frying pans.
8. Absorb odors in rooms. Put a few dry coffee grounds in a cup. Set them in kitchen or bathroom. Odors will soon be non existent.
9. Deodorize shoes. Place coffee grounds inside of shoes over night. This is a great way to keep your shoes and feet from smelling.
10. Drain cleaner. Pour coffee grounds into your sink, followed by boiling water. This will keep your drain free of clogs and odors.