When it comes time to sell your home, there are some easy cheap tips you can do to add value to the selling price.
- Paint – Pick a neutral color to repaint the rooms. This is one of the cheapest things you can do. It not only brightens up your rooms but gives a fresh look throughout.
- Professionally clean carpets. This will spruce up the carpets and remove stains that may be in there. This is not expensive to do, and will make your home show and sell better. Paint your front door a nice neutral color. Paint or re-stain garage doors, to brighten them up
- De-clutter: Pack up your personal items, leaving very little out for people who come to see your home. People want to be able to picture their stuff in the house, which is easier if you don’t have distractions out. You want people to look at the house, not your personal things. Less is better here.
- Replace knobs on cabinets, and doors. This is an overlooked item, but new knobs and handles can make an old cabinet look new again. Update the knobs for a whole new look. Replace light switches or paint them a compliment color to match your walls.
- Curb Appeal: Add new flowers, cut grass, and trim shrubs for instant curb appeal. Even a mailbox that needs painting can take away from the appeal of a house. Paint the house if you have to or the shutters to make the curb appeal even better. If the prospective buyer doesn’t like the look from the outside, they will never stop and come in. You only have one chance for a great first impression.
- Add higher wattage light bulbs. Prospective buyers want to see the house bright inside. No one wants to see a dark house.
- Clean – Clean out closets, pack up things you haven’t used for a long time, you want the closet to appear bigger, which it will with less things neatly stored. Clean the ceiling fans, behind the refrigerator and the oven. Make sure dishes are done, and laundry is folded and neatly put away. You want people to see your home as spotless as you possible can get it. Paying special attention to the kitchen and bathroom. Clean out cabinets, and put everything in order. Remove items from a junk drawer and store them somewhere else. People will open cabinets and drawers. Invest in a cleaning crew to come in and clean for you.
- Remove dark curtains, replace with lightweight drapes, allowing the sunlight to come in. Again this is to make your home appear brighter. Make sure your blinds are cleaned. The easiest way to clean blinds is to take them to a car wash, and hose them off.
- Replace faucets with new ones if yours look a little dingy. Make sure they sparkle.
- Add some soft scents around your home, potpourri placed in rooms will make a room smell great, and get people in the mood to buy. Don’t use harsh scents, use more natural scents.
Little details do not have to cost a lot of money but will go a long way. While it will take a little time and elbow grease to spruce up your home, it will pay off in the end with a quick sell with a higher profit for you.