When you or someone you love has ben diagnoised with depression, you will probably have a lot of questions running through your mind. ‘Why?’, ‘How’, and ‘What can I do to fix it?’ may be some of them. Below is a list of great books to help you understand depression, it’s possible causes, and treatment.
1. Mayo Clinic on Depression: Answers to Help You Understand, Recognize and Manage Depression by Keith, M.D. Kramlinger (Editor), Mayo Clinic (Corporate Author)
2. The “Daily Telegraph” How to Understand and Overcome Depression by Virginia Edwards
3. Everything You Need to Know to Understand and Live With Depression by Charles David Mellon
4. The Depression Workbook: A Guide for Living with Depression and Manic Depression, Second Edition
by Mary Ellen Copeland, Matthew McKay
5. The Freedom from Depression Workbook (Minirth Meier New Life Clinic Series) by Les Carter, Frank Minirth
Here are a few to help when your child is diagnoised.
6. Acquainted with the Night : A Parent’s Quest to Understand Depression and Bipolar Disorder in His Children
by Paul Raeburn
7. Helping Your Child Cope with Depression and Suicidal Thoughts (The Jossey-Bass Psychology Series)
by Tonia K. Shamoo, Philip G. Patros
I understand how it is to have depression. As a teenager, I suffered through years of depression and post tramautic stress disorder. Slowly, but surely, I was able to overcome it. I read books on it, I did the workbooks, I spoke with trusted adluts. With the right resources, you can and will overcome this dark cloud.