Helium Balloon Claims the Lives of Two College Students

In Lutz, Florida two college students were found dead inside a large, deflated helium balloon. The balloon was outside their condominium complex. The guess as to what occured – since there were no witnesses – is that, as a prank, the duo pulled down the large, 8-foot helium ballon, went inside and lost consciousness. Soon after they died. According to the Compressed Gas Association, inhaling helium can quickly lead to brain damage and cause death due to a lack in oxygen.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


+ 5 = thirteen