If you live in a high-crime area, you likely recognize the importance of being aware of your surrounding and knowing how to protect yourself. However, crimes against women can occur in any area, including neighborhoods with a reputation for being quiet and safe. There are many reasons why women should learn self-defense techniques. Sexual predators and other sick persons know how to sneak up on their victims. They usually attack when the victim is preoccupied, such a talking on the cell phone, bringing groceries into the home, or trying to unlock a door. For this matter, women should be alert to their surroundings, and learn skills to ensure their survival. Consider the following five benefits of self-defense training.
1. Boost Confidence – Knowing how to protect self against predators has an amazing way of quickly boosting self-confidence. Women feel stronger, empowered, and ready to take back control. Anyone can become a victim; however, it has been proven that rapists and attackers prey on certain types of people. This might include persons appearing timid, scared, or weak because they are easy to overpower. On the other hand, a confident person walking tall is less likely to become a victim.
2. Ease Worry – Confidence in your ability to protect yourself against an attacker can create peace of mind. Thus, you can walk to your car without being fearful. Moreover, single women can sleep comfortably through the night.
3. Physically Active – Aside from learning self-defense techniques, these courses are very strenuous. Classes offer a dose of cardio and muscle training. Furthermore, exercise boosts energy level. Thus, you feel less tired and tone your body at the same time.
4. Keep Your Mind Active – So many people are oblivious to their surroundings. They walk to and from their vehicle looking down or daydreaming. On the flip side, courses in self-defense train women to always be aware of their surroundings. The techniques for “watching your back” are very subtle. These might include scanning the area for suspicious-looking people before leaving your vehicle, and being aware of people who may be following you. The sooner a dangerous situation is detected, the sooner you can react and protect yourself.
5. Develop Instincts – Some people are born with strong instincts. On the other hand, some people are naÃ?Â¯ve and too trusting. Self-defense courses train the mind and body. Strength training helps women fight and win against an attacker, whereas mental training helps women develop intuition, in which they learn to sense danger and trust their gut feeling.