Looking for that perfect laundry solution? How about trying a little lemon juice, vinegar or maybe a meat tenderizer? These are among some great unconventional tools that can be used while doing laundry to help make your whites whiter, and your brights brighter. Lose your laundry detergent scooper? How about cleaning out an empty yogurt container or a small mug as a replacement. Your house is filled with items that can be used in your laundry room without the need to go shopping for anything else.
Firstly let’s look at those nasty stains and how to get rid of them.
– Fruit Juice and rust stains – Straight or diluted lemon juice can be used to soak infected areas before washing.
– Got an odor that just won’t go away no matter how many times you wash it? Try adding a half a cup of baking soda to your wash. It will eliminate odor and also acts as a fabric softener. Adding a cup of white vinegar to the wash will also help in getting rid of odors.
– Milk, blood, chocolate and other protein-based stains can be handled by adding a meat tenderizer to the effected area. Sprinkle a generous amount to the problem area and let it sit for about an hour. Then bush off tenderizer and wash as usual. If it’s a really deep stain then make a solution of 2 drops water and 1 teaspoon of tenderizer..Make a paste and apply and work into stain area. Let it sit for an hour and wash. Meat tenderizer is also great for dealing with perspiration stains. Just dampen the stain(s) and add a little meat tenderizer to them and wash as usual.
– Making white shoelaces as white as new. Place them in cup of sour milk (being unconventional, you don’t throw out anything!-lol). Let them soak for a while and rinse off and wash as usual.
– Use salt to get rid of grease stains. Just mix salt and white vinegar to a paste and use to rub out most stains.
– Use club soda and a clean towel to wipe out fresh wine stains. After blotting you want to get it washed as soon as possible.
– Make your own starch for ironing. Just mix 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 3/4 cup of water. Add to a spray bottle and use it like regular spray starch. Just remember to just it a good shake before using.
As you can see from reading this article doing your laundry can be done effectively just by using things that are already in your household. These things in most cases are less toxic, just as effective, and much cheaper than there chemical alternatives.