As a homeowner, I know the value of curb appeal. Almost nothing makes a home look better, than having clean windows.. Windows that are so clean that you can’t tell whether or not they’re open until you look at the lock. You can forget about glass cleaner and paper towels. They do a good job, but this method will outshine even the best window cleaners on the market.
- Step One: Collect your materials. You will need a large bowl, vinegar, old newspaper, an old wash rag, water.
- Step Two: In the large bowl, mix 1 part vinegar with 2 parts warm water.
- Step Three: Using the old wash cloth, dip it into the water mixture and wipe down the window–this works for both the inside and the outside, for best results do both sides of the window–making sure, to adequately wet, the surface
- Step Four: Crinkle a page of old newspaper until the surface is well wrinkled. Create a “ball” in your hand and using circular motions, dry the window.
- Step Five: Repeat until the window is completely dry.
For best results, you will want to clean your windows during the cooler parts of the day. If you do decide to clean your windows when it’s hot or humid outside, you will need to use more of the water/vinegar mixture, as it will dry up quickly. Once your windows and/or doors are clean, you can stand back and enjoy the compliments.
Sources: Personal Experience
Advice from a great Mother-In-Law