Cooked Meatloaf in a Crockpot Recipe
Delicious Cooked Meatloaf in a Crockpot
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Serves: 6
- Calories: 376.6
- Fat: 376.6
- Saturated fat: 7.5 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.3 g
- Sugar: 1.1 g
- Sodium: 616.6 mg
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 35.4 g
- Cholesterol: 164.5 mg
Recipe type: Main
While most meatloaves are prepared in the oven, this method of cooking tends to take all the moisture out of the meatloaf, and renders it dry and tasteless. A simpler, more effective way of preparing a meatloaf is to cook it in a crockpot. This method helps the meat retain its juices, and result in a moist, melt-in-your-mouth meatloaf.
- Eggs - 2
- Milk - ¾ cup
- Seasoned bread crumbs - ⅔ cup
- Dried minced onion - 2 teaspoons
- Salt - 1 teaspoon
- Rubbed sage - ½ teaspoon
- Sliced fresh mushrooms - ½ cup
- Ground beef - 1½ pounds
- Ketchup - ¼ cup
- Brown sugar - 2 tablespoons
- Ground mustard - 1 teaspoon
- Worcestershire sauce - ½ teaspoon
- Take a large bowl, mix the eggs, milk, bread crumbs, onion, sage, mushrooms, and salt – stir it all together with a wooden spoon, until all the ingredients are completely combined.
- Crumble your ground beef into this mixture, and stir it in until everything is well amalgamated.
- Turn the mixture out of the bowl onto a clean counter or plate and shape it into a loaf of your desired size and thickness.
- In order to make it easier to take the meatloaf out of the crockpot, line the pot with a wide strip of aluminium foil that runs through the pot, and make sure the ends of this strip come out on either side of the crockpot.
- Once the meatloaf has been shaped, and the strip of aluminium has been fixed in, place your meatloaf in the crockpot.
- Cook it for 5 to 6 hours on low heat, until a meat thermometer inserted into the middle of the loaf reads 160 degrees F (71 degrees C).
- At this point, get a small bowl, and pour in the ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, and Worcestershire sauce.
- Whisk it all together, open up the crockpot, and then spoon this sauce over the meatloaf.
- Replace the lid on the pot, and then cook it again on low for around 15 minutes.
- Once this time period has elapsed, and the meatloaf is ready and warmed through, firmly grasp both ends of the aluminium strip, and hoist the meatloaf out of the crockpot gently, and onto a waiting serving plate.
- Let it rest for around 10 minutes, then cut into pieces and serve.
Goes well with:
In order to give yourself a finger licking good experience, add mashed potatoes to the cooked meatloaf recipe.