Prior to applying for a tourist visa, it is important to determine that this type of visa is best suited to your particular needs. For a description of the various types of visas available go through FAQ's below listed.
NOTE: all foreign nationals including children require visas.
This link also includes information for Pakistani nationals and people of Pakistani origin, Bangladeshi nationals and Sri Lankan nationals.
Beyond a wide array of available visas, there are also OCI and POI cards that you may be eligible for. Please click on links below to find Step by Step guides for both these cards.
For FAQ's pertaining to tourists visas click here.
On-Line Visa Application (Mandatory)
As of mid-2011, all visa applications must be done on-line.
Processing visas does take time and one should be aware of these time frames in order to plan their travel accordingly. For more information on processing times, please see Step 5 below.
You will also be required to read the Terms and Conditions and Data Protection Notice before applying. Once you have chosen to either agree to both, you will commence your application.
- Visa application form duly filled and signed by the applicant.
- One recent color passport size (about 51 mm x 51mm) photograph in color, showing full frontal view of face against a white background to be pasted/stapled on the application form.
- Current Valid passport with minimum of 190 days validity and two blank pages. Previous passport for, Canadian passport holders not born in Canada.
- Requisite fee
- In case the child is traveling with only one parent, then a no objection letter is required from the other parent. Or both parents should sign the application for visa
- Applicants submitting their Visa application for minors in Vancouver Jurisdiction must include photocopies of both parents' passports and both parents must sign the application form.
- A person of Indian origin applying for visa for the first time MUST submit the MOST RECENT Indian passport
- Visa Checklist
All applicants must make note of the reference number generated upon completion of the online application.
Note: For a detailed list of do’s and don’ts that all applicants should know, go through the FAQ's mentioned above. Every column of the application form must be completed, any that are not will be deemed incomplete. If any portion of the application does not apply to you, indicate this with a N/A.
You will need to print the completed Application form for the Step 6.
A charge of $19.25 CAD plus HST payable to VF services (Canada) Inc. is also applied for each application.
Note: All of the Visa fees above once deposited cannot be refunded even if requested service is modified or not granted.
After the On-Line Application
A Declaration form must be printed, signed and submitted with every online application print-out and the required documents mentioned in Step 3. For a review of required documents for all types of visas.
Note: The visa is valid from the date of issue, not the date of travel and remains valid for 6 months (tourist visa) from the date of issue.
Allow 1 business day for the online application to be processed before mailing the required information to a VFS location.
Note: Postal Applications require an additional 4-5 business days for processing beyond what is indicated in the list above.
Your visa application process can be tracked using this feature here. You require the reference number and date of birth to track a visa successfully.
Your passport will be returned to you based on the mode of delivery you selected when your application was submitted (in person or courier).
Allow for 2-3 days transit time for postal or courier return applications. Transit times differ by location and do not take into account any public holidays.