I am always looking for ways to save money and for years I have used common household products, that don’t cost a lot for other things. One of my favorite and least expensive product is common Baking Soda. Here are 10 reasons why I use this and it costs less than a dollar a box!
– If I run out of fabric softener I sprinkle some baking soda on a paper towel and throw it is the dryer. Works great and the clothes smell good
– Everyone should keep a box of baking soda in their refrigerator, it keeps the fridge smelling fresh.
– Every forget to get that pot off the stove before it burns on the bottom. Then you have to fight to get the burnt food off. Just sprinkle baking soda on burnt on food and add water boil on stove, bring to a slow boil and that grimey stuff will just wipe away.
-Baking soda is great as a topping for the cat litter box it helps to eliminate the odor.
– You can clean your formica counter tops with baking soda on a damp sponge
– Pour some down your kitchen drain or garbage disposal it keeps it smelling fresh, remember to flush after wards with hot water
– Ever have a nasty smell on your hands after fishing, rub some baking soda on them and the smell goes away.
-If you run out of toothpaste, you can use a teaspoon full of baking soda to as a paste on your tooth brush to clean your teeth in a pinch.
– I have a wooden cutting board, you can make a paste out of baking soda one tablespoon , one tablespoon of salt and some water, wipe it on with a sponge then just rinse off with hot water.
-We bought a stove with the glass top to it, didn’t want to use an abrasive to clean the top, so I wiped it down with water, sprinkled a bit of baking soda on the sponge and wiped off the top , rinsed and the top was sparkling.