Albondigas Meatball Soup Recipe
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Fat: 4.7 g
- Saturated fat: 1.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 18.1 g
- Sugar: 7.3 g
- Sodium: 982.6 mg
- Fiber: 4 g
- Protein: 25.5 g
- Cholesterol: 72.6 mg
Recipe type: Appetiser
- For Meatballs -
- White bread torn into bits or ground into bread crumbs in a food processor - 2 slices
- Ground beef - 8 oz. (225 g)
- Ground pork - 8 oz. (225 g)
- Onion - 1 medium
- Garlic clove - 1
- Oregano - 1 tsp. (5 ml)
- Ground cumin - 0.5 tsp. (2.5 ml)
- Egg - 1 large
- Olive oil - 2 tbsp. (10 ml)
- For Soup -
- Onion - ½ cup
- Flour - ¼ cup
- Celery stalks - 2
- Black pepper - ½ teaspoon
- Salt - ¼ teaspoon
- Butter - 1 tablespoon
- Vegetable oil
- Breadcrumbs are available in the market, but you can make them yourself through a food processor.
- Add them to a large bowl, after making sure that they are completely dry.
- Combine both beef and pork in a separate bowl and add some seasoning to them.
- Crack one egg into the beef-pork mixture and mix it with both hands.
- Now, add the other ingredients such as onion, garlic, oregano and ground cumin to the meat.
- Mix them properly, once again using your hands and combine them with the breadcrumbs.
- Once the mixture is ready; start shaping the meat into balls.
- Before doing so, put some oil on your palms, as the meat won’t stick to your hands.
- Put some oil in the skittle and start cooking the meatballs on medium heat.
- You can put them in the oven too, but the former option will consume lesser time.
- Once the meatballs get a brownish texture, put them into a larger pan and add flour to it.
- Pour some water in the pan, to get a thick mixture.
- You will need to add some more salt, pepper celery and onions to the entire mixture and cook it for 15 to 20 minutes on medium heat.
- When the soup gets thicker, remove it from the stove and serve it to your family.