When it comes to increasing your homes resale value there are several things that you can do. Following are a list of ideas and suggestions on how you can use solar power to help reduce utility costs for the home. This is definitely a huge selling point for many people. If they can lower their monthly expenses then they may be more likely to want the house.
1. First on the list of option is the Solar Powered Attic Exhaust Fan. This fan will help to keep the house properly ventilated and lower your electric costs. The cost for these solar powered fans is about $375.00. You can purchase these solar powered attic fans at your local Home Depot for the amount mentioned above. You can also find it online at www.rewci.com.
2. Your second option is the stand alone solar power system. This system is considered to be one of the most expensive for any home, but the savings will definitely add up over the years. These systems allow you to not need the use of public electrical system. You will need a deep cycle battery and a charge controller to make sure the electricity flows out evenly. This is done using solar panels which are placed on your roof. If for some reason your roof is not a good option than the solar panels can be placed in your yard and still works just as well. Be prepared to spend well over $20,000 for this whole system. It will however definitely increase the overall value of your home, by making it environmentally friendly and more affordable to maintain. Using the sun for electricity can also qualify you for tax rebates in some states. This type of system will supply your home with all the power that it will need.
3. You can also use solar powered sensor lights for your yard. This will help to save on costs as well. Many will find outdoor lighting that is solar powered to be a great advantage to the home. Mostly because it will be saving them money. You homes value will also increase by using this type of light sensors in your yard. It also helps to make the home feel safer since they are activated by any type of movement in the yard.
4. There is also the solar thermal water heating system, which will save you money on your heating bill. To have this type of system installed you can expect to pay about $5,000. The upside is it will increase the resell value of your home and decrease your monthly heating bill.
5. For those who have pools in their yard you can also try purchasing a solar pool heater. This type of system is very practical and is affordable. You can expect to pay about $500 for this system, and it will add to the resell value of your home if your swimming pool is actually in good shape. You may be able to find this at your local Home Depot store.
There you have several different ways to increase the resell value of your home using solar powered products. Keep in mind that initially these items will cost you plenty of money. The good thing is that when you are ready to sell your home you will get all of your money back and possibly more. The way this fan works is very simple. When the temperature reaches 80 degrees the fan turns on and when it gets down to 70 it shuts off. You can adjust the thermostat to the temperature that you prefer. Using just one unit can help to maintain the temperature in up to 1200 square feet of space.