FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ contains Acetaminophen which is fever reducer and pain reliever. FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ also contains Butalbital, which is a barbiturate which helps relaxation. Caffeine is another ingredient in FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢. Caffeine is believed to constrict dilated blood vessels, which have found to be a possible contributing factor to tension headaches. These ingredients that make up FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ are used in combination to relieve the symptoms of migraine headaches.
There are certain things that you should be aware of before taking FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢. You should use caution when driving, operating machinery, or doing any other activities that could be hazardous. The Butalbital in FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ may cause drowsiness or dizziness. So do not perform any dangerous activities until you know how FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ will affect you. Other things to avoid while taking FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ include:
– Avoid sleeping pills, antihistamines, sedatives, and tranquilizers, unless specified by your doctor for use
– Avoid Alcohol. Alcohol consumed while taking FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ can be very harmful to your liver, and can intensify drowsiness or dizziness
– Be sure to check the amount the Acetaminophen in other medications taken over the counter. The daily limit for people of Acetaminophen is 4000 mg
– Never take more than the prescribed dose of FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢. If you feel like your pain isn’t being sufficiently treated, let your medical professional know right away
What should I ask my healthcare provider before taking FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢?
– FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ can be habit forming, and should only be used under supervision of your doctor
– Ask your doctor about taking FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ if you drink more than three drinks a day, or if you have any liver conditions. You may require a lower dose of FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢
– Before taking FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢, be sure to tell your doctor if you have liver or kidney disease. You may not be able to take FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢, or may require a lower dose
– Be sure to let your doctor know if you are pregnant or nursing before taking FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢
Side Effects associated with FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ may include:
– dizziness, lightheadedness, or confusion
– shortness of breath
– dry mouth
– nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, or decreased appetite
– fatigue, leg pain, muscle weakness
– agitation, irritability, nervousness, anxiety, or excitability
– rash or itching
– feelings like intoxication
If you experience any side effects from FioricetÃ¢Â?Â¢ that you don’t think seem normal, be sure to seek medical attention immediately.