Chicken Divan Recipe
Chicken Divan Recipe
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Serves: 5
- Calories: 250
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated fat: 4 g
- Carbohydrates: 14 g
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 540 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 22 g
- Cholesterol: 45 mg
Recipe type: Main
The taste of Chicken Divan is extremely lovely. Though broccoli is not loved by children, but if you manage to entice them to fill their appetite with this outstanding dish, then they will definitely ask you for another plate. The combination of cheese, chicken and broccoli will create some culinary magic.
- Packages frozen chopped broccoli - 2 (10 ounce)
- Chopped boneless chicken breast halves - 2 cooked
- Can condensed cream of chicken soup - 1 (10.75 ounce)
- Can condensed cream of mushroom soup - 1 (10.75 ounce)
- Mayonnaise - ½ cup
- Lemon juice - 1 teaspoon
- Shredded Cheddar cheese - 1½ cups
- Take a few minutes and carefully wash your entire work surface that you will be using to prepare this lovely chicken dish.
- Also, do not forget to wash your hands, utensils, ingredients and other items that will be needed by you for putting together this recipe.
- Always keep your work area clean and free from clutter so that you can find what you are looking for quickly.
- The procedure of the recipe starts from baking which is why you will have to keep your oven preheated for 175 degree C.
- Take a 9 X 13 inches baking dish and place broccoli in it so that the entire dish is covered properly.
- If you do not have a baking dish of this size then use one that is convenient.
- In the similar manner place a layer of chicken over broccoli.
- Take your time as you will want to make sure that you have properly covered the broccoli with the chicken.
- Take a bowl and pour cream of chicken soup and mushroom soup, lemon juice and mayonnaise, mix it properly.
- If you want to add or reduce a particular ingredient according to your own taste this is the time to do it.
- This will not have a dramatic impact on the overall flavour of this chicken dish.
- Pour the prepared creamy mixture on the top of the layer of chicken and broccoli.
- Make sure the layer has a nice smooth texture with good consistency.
- In the end spread cheese all over and make sure you cover the entire dish properly.
- Take your time so that you can properly cover the dish with cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven and let it bake for 45 minutes.
- Be sure to check that the chicken has been properly cooked before serving.
- It is entirely up to you as to how you want to serve or garnish this dish for your friends or family members.
Goes well with:
This is going to enhance your experience of eating Chinese food alongside a traditional Indian dish.