How to Cook Pork with Vinegar
Pork can be prepared and served in different ways as people from every corner of the world enjoy it. The number of dishes, made of pork, is huge as every region has its own recipe and flavours. Cooking pork with vinegar and garlic is an Italian tradition.
This recipe is a perfect blend of sour and saltiness. The additional benefit is that you can prepare/ marinate meat ahead of time and then all you need to do is to cook it in a wide pan.
Along with vitamin A and C, this dish is a great source of nutritious elements like protein, useful fat, cholesterol and Iron.
Preparation Time: 2 to 3 hours
Cooking Time: 50 to 55 minutes
Serving Size: 3 to 4 persons
Utensils: Mixing bowls, serving platter, measuring cup, tablespoons, dicing board, knife, fry pan, stove
– 2 1/4 pounds of pork, cut into 2 inch cubes
– 3 tablespoons of red wine vinegar
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil
– 3 to 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped and peeled.
– 3 peeled and finely sliced medium-sized onions
– 2 chopped large tomatoes
– 4 to 6 fresh hot green chillies sliced lengthwise in half
– 1 teaspoon of sugar
– 4 to 10 (depending on size) dried hot chillies
– 1 tablespoon bright red paprika
– 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
– 2 1/2 inch cinnamon stick broken up
– 10 to 15 cloves
– 1/2 teaspoon of black peppercorns
– 5 to 6 cardamom pods
– 10 to 12 peeled garlic cloves
– 1 inch of fresh peeled and chopped ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon of ground turmeric
– 3 tablespoons of vinegar
Take a large mixing bowl and put cubes of pork in it along with salt and vinegar. Mix them properly and set aside for two hours.
While marinating the pork, you will prepare a spice paste. For that, you will grind peppercorns, cumin seeds, red chillies, paprika, cardamom pods, cinnamon and cloves. Then you will put garlic, ginger, turmeric and vinegar. Mix all the ingredients properly.
Now you will heat the oil in a wide pan and put the spice paste in it. Cook until it changes its colour to golden brown.
Add the cubes of pork in it and cook until the meat gets juicy. Add a little bit water and let it simmer for 40 minutes. You are all set to serve this delicious dish to your guests.