Red Velvet Cup Cakes Recipe
Red Velvet Cup Cakes Recipe
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Serves: 10
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 12 g
- Saturated fat: 7 g
- Carbohydrates: 31 g
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 195 g
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 3 g
- Cholesterol: 48 mg
Recipe type: Dessert
Are you searching for special desserts that are not only delicious but super easy to make? Then Red Velvet Cupcakes are the right option for you as they are trouble-free to prepare and have an amazing flavor. These effortless food cakes are known for their vivacious color, which is the result of the cocoa powder in the ingredients.
- Eggs – 2
- Buttermilk – 1 cup
- Vegetable oil – 1 ½ cup
- Cocoa powder – 1 teaspoon
- Salt – 1 teaspoon
- Baking soda – 1 teaspoon
- Sugar – 1 ½ cup
- All-purpose flour – 2 ½ cup
- Red food colouring – 2 tablespoon
- White distilled vinegar – 1 teaspoon
- Vanilla extract – 1 teaspoon
- First of all, preheat your oven at 350 degree Fahrenheit (F°), placing the rack right in the center.
- Now, pick two muffin pans, with 12 cups each, and line both of them with cupcake paper.
- Set the muffin pans aside until you prepare the raw velvet cupcakes.
- Take a large mixing bowl and place 2 ½ cups all -purpose flour in it.
- Top the flour with 1 ½ cups of sugar and 1 teaspoon of baking soda.
- Add in 1 teaspoon of cocoa powder and 1 teaspoon of salt.
- Pick a large whisk and mix the ingredients for a few seconds until they blend into one another.
- Set this mixture aside for some time and move ahead.
- Take another large mixing bowl and pour in 1 ½ cup of pure vegetable oil.
- Top the vegetable oil with 1 cup of buttermilk and crack in two large eggs.
- Top the buttermilk-egg mixture with 2 teaspoons of red food coloring, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 1 teaspoon of white distilled vinegar.
- Select a handheld electric mixer and blend the ingredients for 5 to 10 seconds.
- Add in the previously prepared mixture of dry ingredients and again turn on the handheld electric mixer to mix together the ingredients for another 10 seconds until all elements coat well and are smooth.
- Continue mixing until it forms a smooth and soft batter -neither too hard nor too wobbly.
- Pick an ice cream scoop and divide the red velvet cupcakes batter equally among the previously lined 24 cups of muffin pans.
- Place the muffin pans in the pre-heated oven and bake them for at least 20 to 25 minutes.
- Check the red velvet cupcakes by inserting a clean toothpick right into the center of each cupcake. If it is clean when pulled out, then it means the cupcakes are ready.
- On the other hand, if the toothpick has batter stuck to it, and then bakes them for a few more minutes.
- Once you bake the red velvet cupcakes, remove them from the oven and set both of the muffin pans on a wire cooling rack for 5 to 10 minutes to chill them so they can be handled easily.
- Now, remove the cupcakes from the muffin pans and arrange them on a serving tray.
- Your red velvet cupcakes are all set. Place them in a refrigerator to chill well before frosting them.