Identify the problem
The very first thing you should know is about the type of street care problem you noticed. It will help the local authorities to send the relevant team without any delays. The problems can be of any kind but the most common ones are given below:
- Bridges or walls
- Walls on council housing estates
- Damaged roads and pavements or problems about road works
- Drains and main holes in the streets
- Graffiti problems
- New traffic or road Safety schemes
- Theft of paving stones
- Potholes and utility cabinets
- Recycling, abandoned vehicles or general waste
- Road adoptions
- Road and lane closures
- Road markings
- Road signs and street name plates
- Restrictions on the road weights
- Street cleaning services
- Problems about the street furniture
- Zebra crossing lights, street or traffic lights problems
- Road or street obstructions
- Taxi ranks
Visit your London website
Yourlondon.gov.uk is a newly established website from the mayor of London and it provides a centralised platform to report different problems to the local councils. In order to report street care problem, visit this link.
Find your location
The link above will present you with a form to write your post code, house number and street name. Fill that form and search for your address. It will help the centralised server to redirect you to the local authority complaint forms. Once you are done with the submission of address search form, you will be able to see your address below to the same form. Select your address.
Select an appropriate form
Now look at the right hand side of the same web page and select street/public spaces from the list of options. Then from a dropdown list of forms, select the appropriate problem - it could be one of those mentioned above.
Complete the form and submit
Once you are done with the selection, you will be presented with an option to complete the form. Click on that link and follow on screen instructions to complete the complaint form and submit it. That’s it! You are done on your part.