Washer and Dryer
- Wash dirt from the outside of the sports shoes by cleaning it with a cloth soaked in anti grease soap.
- After that, take out the insoles from shoes and wash them separately, if possible. Also, remove the laces so they can be washed separately. It will also be easier to wash the shoe from inside without the laces.
- Next, put each shoe in a separate pillow case. Tie the ends of the pillow case and put it in the washing machine.
- Now, add cold water in the washing machine and approximately half cup of detergent in it. Now, turn on the washing machine and let it run the cycle.
- When the cycle ends, remove the shoes and let them dry in the air. You may also insert paper towel or newspapers inside the shoes so they do not lose their shape.
- After the shoes are dried, reinsert the liners in them after sprinkling a teaspoon or two of baking soda. If required, you can also insert new laces in your sports shoes.
Wash By Hand
- First of all remove the laces.
- Take a small bucket and put liquid soap and water in it to make the solution. The quantity of soap and water depends upon the soap you use. For an accurate proportion, check the bottle.
- Scrub off the filth from outer side of the sports shoe with a toothbrush soaked in the solution that was just prepared.
- Place the shoe under cold running water tap to remove the soap.
- After both the shoes are washed, let them dry in air. You may also put newspapers or paper towels in them to retain their shape. If possible, put the shoes in the sun to dry.
- When the shoes dry, sprinkle a teaspoon or two of baking soda in them to maintain their freshness.