Oriental Rice Salad with Mixed Peppers and Prawns Recipe
Oriental Rice Salad with Mixed Peppers and Prawns is an ideal choice to provide your family or guests with traditional taste and aroma. This multicolored crunchy vegetable salad gives you a huge vitamin boost. Moreover, the crispy ingredients and the tastebud-tingling, sweet-chili dressing are magical partners.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Serving size: 04
Utensils needed: mixing bowls, salad bowl, whisk or fork
– 1 red pepper – deseeded and thinly sliced
– 1 yellow pepper – deseeded and thinly sliced
– 1 orange pepper – deseeded and thinly sliced
– 300g bean sprouts
– 6 spring onions – thinly sliced
– ½ cucumber – cut into thin sticks
– 250g cooked – peeled king prawns
– 300g cooked long-grain rice
– 1 tablespoon sesame seeds – toasted
Sweet Chili Dressing
– 2 tablespoons dark soy sauce
– 1 tablespoon sesame seed oil
– 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
– 2 tablespoon sherry vinegar or rice vinegar
– 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
– 1 red chili – deseeded and finely chopped
– 1 tablespoon runny honey
– 15g fresh root ginger – peeled and finely grated
Prepare the sweet chilling dressing
First of all make the Oriental-style sweet chili dressing and set it aside to marinate thoroughly. Take a medium bowl and pour in the dark soy sauce, sesame seed oil, sweet chili sauce, vegetable oil, and the sherry vinegar or rice vinegar. Add in finely chopped red chili slices, runny honey and the finely grated fresh root ginger. Mix all the ingredients until coat well and set the dressing aside to marinate.
Mix salad ingredients
Pick a large salad bowl and add in the deseeded and thinly sliced red pepper, orange pepper, and yellow pepper. Top the pepper mixture with bean sprouts, spring onions, peeled and cooked king prawn, cucumber slices, and the cooked long-grain rice. Whisk together the ingredients gently to mix them.
Coat in the dressing
Drizzle in the chili sweet dress and toss very lightly to mix.
Sprinkle the sesame seeds
Just before serving, sprinkle the toasted sesame seeds all over the salad.
Your Oriental Rice Salad with Mixed Peppers and Prawns is reasy, serve it at once.