Facilities & Services
Scenarios when Residential Property Tribunal Service takes up cases are as following:
- When a tenant or property-owner objects to the rent assessment, or computation by the Rent Officer, then the Residential Property Tribunal Service takes up the case.
- If the tenant applies for a rent prevalent in the market after he/she receives a notice from the property owner for an increment in the rent.
- It also probes and gives verdicts on cases involving short hold tenancy, and the terms of acquisition when a leaseholder wants to buy the property.
- When the fixed term assured or assured short hold tenancy has come to an end and the landlord or tenant has also served a notice of new terms for the statutory periodic tenancy (automatically risen), then the recipient of the notice may ask the RAC to formulate new terms and (any rent) adjustment for the statutory periodic tenancy.
- Formulate the liability to pay a service charge, and administration charge to be paid to either party.
- It determines if an administration charge should fluctuate.
- Whether an estate charge is to be paid by a party.
- Whether or not to fluctuate long leases of flats.
Applying to the Tribunal
Application need to be filled in and then submitted to the RPTS office. To download the application forms, click here.
Like most of the Government departments of London, the timings of Residential Property Tribunal are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm.
How to Contact
The RPTS can be contacted at the below mentioned telephone number.
Contact: +44 207 446 7700
10 Alfred Place, London WC1E 7LR, UK.
How to Get to Residential Property tribunal Service
From the Goodge street tube station, move southeast on Tottenham Court Road / A400 towards Chenies St. Turn left onto Chenies St and then turn right onto Alfred Pl and the Residential property tribunal Service office will be on your right side. To have a look at the detailed route map, click Walking Directions.
The nearest bus stop is “Goodge Street, Goodge Street (Stop A)”. Buses numbering 10, 14, 24, 29, 73, 134, 390, N5, N20, N29, N73, N253 and N279 will drop you at this bus stop. From the bus stop, move southeast on Tottenham Court Road / A400 towards Chenies St. Now turn left onto Chenies St and then turn right onto Alfred Pl. The Residential property tribunal Service office will be on your right side.