Starting a business isn’t a decision to make overnight. You need to take a few weeks to think about whether or not you really want to start a business. Here are ten tough questions to ask yourself before starting a business.
1. Are you motivated and determined to have a successful business? A business shouldn’t be just a little on the side business to make some extra cash. You should only start a business if you want to make enough money as you would working at a full time job.
2. Are you willing to spend hours working late and early in the morning each day? This is important steps in order to have a successful business since it just doesn’t happen overnight. You will end up spending days and nights in order to keep your business making enough money to survive in the beginning.
3. Do you have what it takes to be the receptionist, the salesmen, and the product shipper? You are the main person for your entire business. You need to be able to answer the telephone, sell products or services, and most of all ship the products to the customers.
4. Are you not going to give up on your business? A business is something that you shouldn’t just give up on before it even becomes successful. You need to figure out if you really want a real business long term or just a little company that might make a few thousand dollars a year to pay for a little vacation.
5. Are you prepared for being overwhelmed? It is important that you can handle stressful situations during business situations. You need to figure out whether or not you can handle it running a business.
6. Can you stay motivated enough to run a business for an entire year? If you can’t stay motivated enough to run a business for an entire year then you shouldn’t start a business. It is only worth the expenses to run a business when you are going to operate it for at least a year or more.
7. Can you save enough money in advance to pay for the basic business expenses for an entire year? If you can’t then you shouldn’t start a business since it needs money to survive in the beginning. You need to have enough money otherwise your business won’t likely be successful.
8. Can you afford to advertise your business all year? Don’t forget about any advertisement costs. You need to be able to afford to advertise the business otherwise you will have a difficult time in getting enough sales to keep your business being successful.
9. Do you have enough time to manage a business? You need to figure out whether or not you have enough time to devote to it. You don’t want to run a full time business if you are already too busy during the week.
10. Are you able to hire an employee or get a helper every once in a while? You need to be able to pay a helper or hire an employee eventually since you will get too busy. When your business is successful enough to support you enough like a full time job then it is time to get an extra person to help you with your business.