The City of Aurora, CO needs tax prepares for volunteers. There are low-income families that need help and assistance preparing their tax return for the year. The volunteers do not have to have experience in the field. The City of Aurora will train the volunteers with IRS
training in December. The volunteers will need to be able to assist on Saturdays from mid-January to April 15, 2006 at Aurora library locations. If anyone is interested in a management position, the City of Aurora is in need of a site coordinator. I you are interested please contact: Susan Everett @ 303-326-8618 or you can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Address: The City of Aurora
1298 Peoria St.
Aurora, CO 80011
Smith & Co., P.C.
This company specializes in consulting, personal finance planning, Individual tax, bookkeeping, business tax, and payroll. The owner has been providing services sin 1978. Smith & Co is licensed with UBS Group, Inc. They offer free services to business owners to recover from paid taxes and expenses. For more information please contact:
Contact Person: Gary Smith
Address: 6635 S. Dayton St., Ste 350
Greenwood Village, CO 80111
Mihoda & Company, P.C.
This company provides Audit, consulting, personal financial planning, individual tax,
business tax, bookkeeping, payroll, and estate planning.
For more information please contact: www.mihoda.com
Contact Person: Frank Mihoda
Address: 770 W. Hampden Ave. Suite 325
Englewood, CO 80010
Jeanne M. Burnes, CPA
This accountant has 23 years experience. She offers consulting, individual
tax, business tax, bookkeeping and payroll services. Jeanne also offers a 10% discount for
new clients. For more info please contact: www.jeanneburnescpa.com
Contact Person: Jeanne M. Burnes by E-mail.
Manning & Co.
This company offers consulting, individual tax, business tax, payroll, and bookkeeping
services. For more info please contact:
Contact Person: R. Sean Manning
Address: 3679 S. Huron St. #402
Englewood, CO 80110
Ardel Brink, EA
Ardel Brink has provided income tax and account services for 15 years. He will give a
20% discount for tax preparation services and free consultations. For more info please
Contact Person: Ardel Brink
Address: 8185 S. Steele St.
Centennial, CO 80122
Gregory Stanley, CPA
This accountant provides services in: auditing, consulting, personal financial planning,
individual tax, not for profit, business tax, bookkeeping, and payroll. Gregory Stanley
has over 25 years experience as a CPA and offers free consultation. For more info please
Contact Person: Gregory Stanley
Address: 3042 E. Long Circle S.
Centennial, CO 80122
David Strother, CPA
This accountant has 24 years of experience as a CPA and offer services in: consulting,
personal financial planning, individual tax, business tax, bookkeeping, payroll. David
offers free consultations. For more info please contact: www.strothercpa.com
Contact Person: David Strother
Address: 13850 Broadlands Lane
Broomfield, CO 80020-9545
Denver Asset Building Coalition
This company offers free services for people with incomes less than $40,000 per year.
To obtain information on free tax locations throughout the state of Colorado then
please call toll free at 1-800-829-1040. You can also file online for free @ www.icanefile.com
For Your Information:
Many people are new to filing their annual income taxes and are unaware of the items that need to be brought to their tax accountant. Here is a basic list of the items needed for your yearly tax return.
1. Your Social Security Card, Individual Tax payer ID number (ITIN) or accurate record of either numbers.
2. Photo ID (i.e. Driver’s License)
3. Your spouse, if filing jointly
4. Federal tax return package
5. All forms W-2, wage and tax statement, from all 2005, if filing jointly with your spouse, then you will need their forms as well.
6. Any and all 1099 forms you and or your spouse may have received.
7. A copy of last year’s state and federal tax returns.
8. Copy of year-end bank account statements.
9. Copy of any educational expenses paid to an educational institution.
10. You may be able to “itemize you deductions” to help reduce taxes. You should bring statements, bills, and receipts for out of pocket dental and medical, property taxes, home mortgage, auto vehicle registration, casualty losses, charity, and other expenses that you may have encountered throughout the year.
11. Tax ID numbers of providers (Social Security or Federal ID #’s)
12. A blank account and routing number if selecting direct deposit (refund) or direct debit (balance due)