The suggested retail price is $134.50, but if you join Shaklee, it’s a mere $89.60 plus the cost of the membership. Good grief! It’s just cleaning supplies. For that price, I expect them to dust the bookcase for me.
* Basic H2Ã¢Â?Â¢ Organic Super Cleaning Concentrate, 16 oz. (1)
* Basic H2Ã¢Â?Â¢ Organic Super Cleaning Wipes, 35 Wipes (1)
* Nature BrightÃ?Â® Laundry Booster and Stain Remover, 32 oz. (1)
* Scour OffÃ¢Â?Â¢ Heavy-Duty Paste, 9 oz. (1)
* Hand Wash Concentrate, 32 oz. (1)
* Dish Wash Concentrate, 16 oz. (1)
* Dish Wash Automatic Concentrate, 32 oz. (1)
* Fresh Laundry Concentrate, HE Compatible, 32 oz. (Liquid) (1)
* Soft Fabric Concentrate, 32 oz. (1)
* Soft Fabric Dryer Sheets, 80 sheets (1)
* Hand Wash Decorator Dispenser (1)
* Spray Bottles (3) (one for mirrors, one for the all-purpose cleanser, and one for the degreaser)
* Laundry Measuring Scoops (1)
* Super Microfiber Cleaning Cloth
* Super Microfiber Window Cloth
Shaklee’s website is long on claims about these products, but short on specifics. They claim “Nontoxic and natural” but don’t list the ingredients on the website so that a potential buyer can check them out. They show a picture of the labels, but unlike most brands, the labels do not list the ingredients. They say it’s organic, but so are most cleaning products. They claim “You’d have to spend more than $3,400 to get the equivalent cleaning power of the Get Clean Kit.” but do not provide data to back up those claims either.
Sorry Shaklee, even if Oprah is raving about it, I can’t recommend these products. She’s getting paid, and paid well, to advertise your products. I’m getting paid a pittance to give an unbiased opinion. In my opinion, the products are not worth the money or the necessity of dealing with your distributors.
Shaklee is an MLM, just like Amway, Mary Kay Cosmetics, and a host of other so-called “network marketing” companies. Shaklee is really selling the “opportunity” to buy their products. They claim you can “grow your own business in the exploding health and wellness industry“. What they mean is that they want you to become a Shaklee member and encourage others to be members as part of your downline. I know, from personal experience, that if you buy this kit or any other product you will be encouraged, and encouraged often, to increase your orders, upgrade your membership, recruit your friends and turn over your friend’s names so the distributor can encourage them too. If you have a job, they will want you to encourage your co-workers too.