Why spend tons of money on household items, when everything you need is already in your home? Here are a few tips.
– To remove caked on food from a pan or stains from a teapot, open a can of cola, pour in, and bring to a boil. The sugars and carbonation work wonders for lifting stains.
– Remove stubborn stains from a porcelain toilet by pouring in a can of cola. Allow to sit for twenty minutes, scrub and then flush.
– Use a dab of olive oil on a paper towel to freshen up household plant leaves. Just gently wipe on, and you’re done! Remember, a little oil goes a long way.
– To keep grease stains from settling into clothing, sprinkle with baby powder. Allow it to dry for a few minutes, and then gently brush off.
– Soak gemstone jewelry in a small dish of club soda overnight to easily remove dirt and grime.
– Scrub stainless steel pots, pans, and faucets with a mixture of club soda and baking soda for a beautiful shine.
– Rubbing quartered lemons on a cutting board or countertop and rinsing with water will remove garlic, onion, or fish smells. It will also remove stains from cutting berries.
– Place a few drops of lemon juice in your vacuum cleaner bag each time you change it. The scent will radiate each time you vacuum there after.
– Place a few grains of dry rice into your salt shakers. This will prevent clumping and dryness.
– Fill a sandwich bag full of dry rice and store in your freezer. For bruises that require a cold pack, the cold rice works just as well as ice, but conforms to knees and elbows a lot better.
– Add Ã‚Â½ cup salt to a laundry load of blue jeans. Not only will they come out softer, but they will last much longer.
– Put a pinch of salt with the grounds in your coffee filter before making a pot. The salt will take the bitterness edge off, as well as enhance the flavor of the coffee.
– Remove discoloration from glassware by soaking it in a solution of one part salt to eight parts white vinegar.
– Pour a half a teaspoon of salt in the bottom of a vase of cut flowers. The salt will prevent the flowers from wilting and cause them to last much longer.