The delicious Bocconcini Salad is prepared with fresh mozzarella’s bite-size balls that are popularly known as bocconcini. This amazing ingredient makes up a great fresh salad that is full of flavours and also gives different textures too. However, it is suggested that if possible, use mozzarella di bufala to prepare Bocconcini Salad as it is made from the milk of water buffalo, which makes it more soft and creamy mozzarella than the one made with cow’s milk. Due to this reason, mozzarella di bufala is considered as a speciality of central and southern Italy. Aside from mozzarella balls there are several other ingredients which go into the making of Bocconcini Salad like tomatoes, green, bell pepper, celery etc.
With these and other ingredients you can easily make Bocconcini Salad in less than 20 minutes and can relish it with other dishes. The ingredients and simple recipe of Bocconcini Salad is given in this guide so you can try your hands at making it.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Serving Size: 04
Utensils: Large Bowls
– 1 pound bocconcini (bite-size mozzarella balls)
– 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
– 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
– 1/2 cup chopped celery
– 1/2 cup Belgian endive leaves
– 1/2 cup coarsely chopped arugula, stems included
– 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
– 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
– salt and pepper to taste
– 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves