Sesame Chicken Recipe
Sesame Chicken Recipe
Author: Cynthia Lee
- Serves: 4
- Calories: 421
- Fat: 17 g
- Saturated fat: 2 g
- Trans fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 55 g
- Sugar: 20 g
- Sodium: 165 mg
- Fiber: 0 g
- Protein: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 50 mg
Recipe type: Main
Sesame Chicken, also known as Chinese sesame seed chicken, is a great gift for those food lovers who like Chinese cuisines. This amazing dish is sweet rather than spicy. If you cannot afford a Chinese take-out order in today’s world of limited budget due to economical crisis all around, then why do not you cook this simple dish at your home as its ingredients are easily available.
- Soy sauce - ¼ cup
- Honey - 2 tablespoons
- Dry white wine - 1 tablespoon
- Powdered ginger - 1 teaspoon
- Flour - ½ cup
- Sesame seeds - ½ cup
- Butter - 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil - 2 tablespoons
- Garlic, minced - 2 cloves
- Boneless and skinless chicken breasts - 4
- Egg albumin (egg white) - beaten - 2
- Fresh broccoli for garnishing purpose
- Pick up a large mixing bowl and place ¼ cup of soy sauce, 2 tablespoons of honey, 1 tablespoon of dry white wine, 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger, and 2 minced cloves garlic in it.
- Whisk all the ingredients until mix completely.
- Rinse the four boneless and skinless chicken breasts and drain well. Add the chicken pieces to the sauce mixture.
- Cover the mixing bowl with a foil and place it in a refrigerator for approximately 8 to 10 hours until the chicken pieces absorb the mixture well.
- Grab a large ovenproof skillet and heat it in your oven at 500 degrees foreign height.
- Take a sealable plastic bag and place ½ cup of sesame seeds and ½ cup of all-purpose flour in it. Stir both of the ingredients until mix well.
- Remove the marinated chicken from refrigerator and dip them in the beaten albumin (egg whites) of two eggs.
- Now, dip the four chicken pieces and move them around until well coated. Set it aside for few minutes.
- Meanwhile, place a large skillet on the stove over a medium heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of butter and 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the skillet.
- Wait for few seconds until the butter in the skillet melt thoroughly.
- Now, gently add the chicken pieces in a single layer.
- Turn the pieces time to time to coat them completely.
- Remove the chicken pieces from skillet and place them in a baking pan.
- Place the baking pan in the pre-heat oven and bake them at 500 degrees for almost 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is cooked well.
- Remove the chicken pieces from oven place them in a plate and sprinkle them with the roasted sesame seeds.
- Pick up a fresh broccoli and cut it into even pieces. Place the broccoli around the plate to enhance the overall look of your dish.
- Your delicious Sesame Chicken is all set, serve warm.
Goes well with:
Egg fried rice along with sesame chicken will end your perfect mid-day Chinese meal.